optimised battery charging

Optimised Battery Charging – Why is it Important


The battery life of your iPhone or Android phone has always been an issue of concern. It’s pivotal when making a purchase decision. With extensive data consumption and constant triggers, everybody wants to stay at the forefront and never miss a chance to get information, entertainment, or communication using their phone.

The report showcases startling data that reaffirms the extensive usage of phones. All this has a direct impact on the battery life of your phone! The number of hours spent on the phone, type of connection, i.e., mobile data or Wi-Fi, and time spent on various applications affect your phone’s battery life. To offer practical solutions, different brands offer phones with durable batteries, superfast charging (hardware), and a feature, optimized battery charging, which has changed the game drastically!

Before you get bogged down with these heavy terms, let’s unveil every question about optimized battery charging.

What is Optimised Battery Charging?

A feature in iPhones and Android phones, optimized battery charging, is the process wherein the battery charging is slowed down after a percentage when the phone is not in use. This helps extend the life of your battery as it eliminates unnecessary strain from your battery. If you are still wondering what optimised battery charging means, keep reading – 


  • Optimized battery charging doesn’t drain the battery.  
  • It saves the battery and prolongs battery life
  • Modified charging process and prevents overcharging
  • Maintain battery’s health
  • Improve overall performance

| An average person spends 3 hours and 15 minutes on their phone. 

| 52% of phone checks occur during work hours.

| By 2027, smartphone subscriptions are expected to be 7.69 billion.

Source: Rescue Time 

How Does Optimised Battery Charging Work?

When you charge your phone battery to 100% using a power outlet, it puts a lot of unnecessary strain on the battery, which eventually results in deteriorating the battery life. Optimized battery charging stops charging your phone at 80% and charges the remaining 20% at its own pace, depending on the sleep patterns. Although this method is slower than the usual charging method, it goes a long way in preserving the battery life.  

The optimized battery feature understands the charging pattern of your device; it adjusts the charging speed and stops charging when the system reaches a threshold. This process reduces the stress from the system and extends its life.  

How Optimised Battery Charging Keeps Your Phone’s Battery Healthy?

We hope by now you are clear with optimised battery charging meaning. It’s time to delve deep into why it is important and how it keep your phone’s battery healthy! 

Extended Battery Life: The feature works on a distinct pattern wherein it keeps a tab on your device’s charging pattern and stops charging at 80% as it predicts that your phone could be connected to a charger for an extended period. It is a smart technology, and if it suspects that your phone will be on direct charging, it stops at 80% and fulfills the rest of 20% when it’s time. By doing it, it reduces battery wear.  

Monitors your everyday phone usage — Charges the battery to 80% when plugged in but not in use — Estimates the time you would use the phone again — Delays the charging to 100%.

As phones have lithium-ion batteries, optimized battery charging stops the reaction caused by the electric current inside the batteries and saves them from damage. Also, the feature slows down the natural process and keeps your battery healthy, through pattern identification and understanding the composition.  

How to Enable Optimised Battery Charging?

You can enable or disable optimized battery charging on your phone with some easy steps. 

On Android

You can manage optimized battery charging in an Android phone by following some simple steps-  

Android: 9.x and higher 

Go to ‘Settings’. 

Choose ‘Battery’ and tap ‘More Battery Settings’.  

Got to ‘Adaptive Battery’ and enable the option.  

Android 8.x and Higher 

Go to ‘Settings’.  

Choose ‘Apps’. Tap on the ‘Menu’ and select ‘Special Access’.  

Tap ‘Optimize Battery Usage’. 

Go to the ‘Dropdown Menu’ and select ‘All Apps’.  

Apart from this feature, you can increase your Android phone’s battery by following steps like turning off the screen, and keyboard sounds, and restricting apps that use the battery.

Optimized Battery Charging iPhone iOS 

All iPhones with iOS 13 have this feature as a default. To enable optimised battery charging – 

Go to ‘Settings’. 

Choose ‘Battery’ and tap ‘Battery Health’. 

Enable ‘Optimized Battery Charging’. 

Can Optimised Battery Charging be Disabled?

Yes, you can disable the optimised battery charging option easily. When the optimized battery charging feature is enabled, you can see the notification of the same on the home screen. In case you want to charge your phone fast, you can disable this option. For this, touch and hold the notification and choose ‘Charge Now’. 

You can also disable optimized battery charging easily by following these steps-  

Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging

Top 5 Phones with the Best Battery Life in 2023

If you are struggling to find a stylish, affordable, and durable phone with great battery life, we’ve done our research and picked up the top 5 phones with the best battery life in 2023 for you!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Designed with a 4-nanometer A16 Bionic chipset and power management feature, the iPhone 14 Pro Max has a battery life of 13.5 hours. Featuring powerful cameras, an always-on display, and a clever dynamic Island, the iPhone 14 Pro Max has great battery life. You can make the best use of the 48MP camera and a captivating action mode for video.  


  • Screen Size: 6.7 inches 
  • CPU: Apple A16 Bionic 
  • Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB 
  • Dust/Water Resistance: IP68 
  • Average Battery Life: 13 hours 39 minutes (web surfing) 
  • Weight: 8.47 ounces

iPhone 13

Renowned for its amazing battery life, the iPhone 13 has 13 hours and 43 minutes life. With amazing features like live text features and back-tap gestures. Background applications, screen brightness, display settings, and heavy media usage are some of the reasons why the battery gets drained. Therefore, sufficient battery life is of paramount importance.


  • Dual 12MP camera system: Main and Ultra Wide cameras
  • Main: ƒ/1.6 aperture
  • Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view
  • 2x optical zoom out
  • Digital zoom up to 5x

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 

An upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy S22, the Galaxy S23 Ultra has a 5,000 mAh battery. The phone has an adaptive display with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 silicon with a battery life of 12 hours and 22 minutes in Adaptive Mode. However, if you turn off that feature, the battery life can extend up to 13 hours. The model supports 45W wired charging and can charge up to 50% in 20 minutes.  The phone has a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy chip and a stunning 200MP camera with an astonishing low-light performance.  

Top Features 

  • Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip  
  • Impressive 200MP camera 
  • Smart One UI 5.1 upgrades 
  • Smart display  
  • Excellent battery life


  • Display: 6.8-inch QHD AMOLED  
  • Refresh rate: 1 – 120Hz adaptive 
  • Chipset: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy  
  • RAM: 8GB/12GB  
  • Storage: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB 
  • Battery: 5,000 mAh 
  • Dust/Water Resistance: IP68 
  • Average Battery Life: 12 hrs 22 minutes 
  • Weight: 233g (8.2 ounces) 

Realme 9 Pro 

Featuring smooth, simple software, Realme Pro 9 has a snazzy design with a long-lasting battery. With a battery life of 18 hours and 30 minutes and a 120Hz refresh rate, the phone has a user-friendly design and software and puts less strain on the battery. 


  • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G 
  • RAM: 8GB   
  • Storage: 128GB (expandable up to 1TB) 
  • Battery: 5000mAh   
  • Weight: 195g 
  • Software: Android 12 

Sony Xperia 10 IV 

If you are looking for a stylish and functional mobile phone, Sony Xperia 10 IV is the best choice. With a practically lightweight design, amazing battery life, and crisp OLED screen, the phone is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a mid-range 5G Android with good features. It has a lightweight, slimline design and a clean rear and vertical camera line along with stereo speakers and 6in OLED display.  

Although it is slow in charging, it has a battery life of 24 hours and 52 minutes.  


  • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 chipset 
  • Software: Android 12 
  • RAM: 6GB 
  • Internal Storage: 128GB 
  • Display: 6in FHD+ OLED wide display, 21:9 aspect ratio 
  • Battery: 5000mAh (non-removable) 
  • Speed: Average speed, occasional lag 
  • Lens: Triple-lens rear setup 
  • Video: Maxes out at 1080p 


Optimised battery charging is a perfect way to keep your phone’s battery safe and protected. Irrespective of the model, both Android and iOS phones have a feature that can save your battery life. A battery’s chemical age depends on the temperature history and changing pattern. With all lithium-ion batteries, the ability to hold a charge diminishes with time due to these factors.

Therefore, through optimised battery charging, you can manage your battery life as the feature decodes your charging pattern and stop charging at 80%, the rest 20% battery is charged as per your sleep trends. This way, the feature reduces excessive battery wear.  

If you are looking for stylish and affordable mobile phones, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Realme 9 Pro, and Sony Xperia 10 IV are great options. Each one of them has amazing features and great battery life so that you can enjoy various applications without worrying about your phone’s battery running out! 


Is Optimised Battery Charge Good?

Yes, optimized battery charge is good as it saves your battery and expands your phone’s life. It takes off excessive strain from your phone’s battery by charging 80% first and then going ahead with the rest of 20% by studying the pattern of your charging. This way, there is no additional strain on your battery, and it can work for years without any issue.  

What does optimised battery charging mean?

In optimized battery charging, your phone charges the battery to 80% and delays the rest 20% charging after studying the pattern or your charging routine. The features take at least 14 days to study the user’s charging pattern. You can activate optimized battery charging – Go to ‘Settings’, choose ‘Battery’, tap ‘Battery Health & Charging’, and enable Optimized Battery Charging.  

Is it better to charge iPhone to 80% or 100%?

Powered by lithium-ion, iPhone’s batteries charge faster and have high density for battery life. With time the charging capacity of lithium-ion batteries diminishes over time. Chemical aging due to repetitive charging and exposing them to high heat for a long period of time results in the deterioration of the phone’s battery.  

You may also like

Post A Comment

Your email address will not be published.